Women who want to escape a violent relationship at home often think leaving is their only choice. But if you want to stay, we can help.
Staying Home Leaving Violence works with the police and the local community to help women leave violence and stay safely at home.
We will support you through the separation, help with the legal and police matters, and help make your home and family safer.
Who we can work with :
- Women who are 18 years and over
- Who live in the Parramatta/Holroyd local government area
- Who have separated from a violent partner
- Who are in stable accommodation
What can assist women to stay safely in their home or a home of their choice by :
- Assisting with a safety plan
- Conducting a safety audit of the residential property
- Installing safety upgrades-brokerage funds to cover some of the costs
- Court support and advocacy – Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders and Family Law Matters
- Information and referals to other services
- Internal referals to other Parramatta/Holroyd local services
- Referral to counselling
- Support to continue to live free from violence
We work with families in a case management role for up to 12 months and longer if need be.
Useful Websites :