When we work with individual families, some of the ways we assist include :
- Assessment and case planning – assessing the strengths and the needs of the children and the family in their own home or at the centre.
- Undertaking activities to implement the case plan of individual clients such as : providing information, advice and referrals to relevant agencies; advocacy – representing the interests of families with government and non-government services and agencies or specialist services.
- Helping families to develop skills that will assist them in achieving their goals.
- Providing the family with education programs that teach such things as parenting skills, budgeting and other life skills.
- Providing counselling by qualified professionals to children and families who have been assessed as needing counselling.