Parramatta/Holroyd Family Support Inc. is a member of NSW Family Services and has adopted their principles as follows :-
- In family support projects, staff and families work together in relationships based on trust and respect.
- Family support projects enhance families’ capacity to support the growth and development of all family members – adults, youth and children. However, it is unambiguous that our main priority must always be the safety of the children.
- Family support projects affirm and strengthen families’ social, cultural, racial and linguistic identities and enhance their ability to function in a pluralist society.
- Family support projects are embedded in their communities and are continually responsive to emerging family and community needs.
- Family supports are flexible and continually responsive to emerging family and community issues.
- Principles of family work are modelled in all aspects of the project, including planning, service delivery, management and administration.
- All members of a family should be safe from violence.
- Children should be provided with safe, accredited out of home care if it is deemed they cannot live with their birth family.
- There is a recognition that families have multiple forms, not necessarily biologically based.